- are rich in potassium which may help reduce the risk of stroke and some types of kidney disease
- contain fiber and tartaric acid which prevent constipation and protect against some colon diseases resulting in healthier digestive and may prevent colorectal cancer
- rank among the top foods rich in antioxidants which may slow down the aging of the body and brain thereby reducing the risk of heart disease and cancer
- contains oleanolic acid which inhibits organisms responsible for periodontal disease thereby preventing tooth decay and gum disease
- with a low fat diet, can effectively lower cholesterol and "bad cholesterol"
- are rich in boron which is important for bone health in women
The Wilen Sisters have discovered that a certain type of raisins relieve arthritis pain. The recipe for this amazing remedy follows.
The Amazing Gin-Soaked Raisin Remedy
1 lb golden raisins
gin (approximately 1 pint)
glass bowl (Pyrex® is good—crystal is bad)
glass jar with lid
Spread the golden raisins evenly on the bottom of the glass bowl and pour enough gin over them to completely cover. Let them stay that way until all the gin is absorbed. It may take 5 to 7 days.
When the gin is absorbed, transfer the raisins to the jar, put the lid on and keep it closed. Do not refrigerate.
Dosage. Each day, eat only 9 raisins as specified on page 13 of Bottom Line's Secret Food Cures.